I’d been nominated for a few blog awards that involve question and answers so I thought I’d compile them into one lengthy post! Thank you to Ranisha, Christine and Viv who kindly nominated me – please check out their blogs! You guys got me feeling like this…
Liebster Award Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
2. Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5 -11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award (typically people pick bloggers who have less than 1000 followers)
4. Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Once your blog is published, let your nominees know that they have been nominated & link them to your post for more details.
1. Batman or Superman? Chocolate or Red Velvet? Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
Batman – Because of Christian Bale obvs.
Chocolate – Because it is technically salad (tweet me and I’ll explain my reasoning).
Harry Potter – ALWAYS.
2. What is your favourite beauty product of all time?
Nars All Day Luminous Weightless foundation because the name is as long as it lasts. The coverage is amazing and buildable, works in all weather and it doesn’t slide off my face.
3. What have you learnt on your blogging journey?
How much I enjoy writing. I used to blog back in the early days of LiveJournal just to moan about my teenage life but now my blog is my outlet for exploring new ideas, experiences and enjoying life. If anything my blog has made me learn to love and appreciate life a little more.
4. What is your dream holiday destination?
FIJI. I wanna know why their water is so good.
5. What is your top wardrobe essential?
A well-fitted pair of skinny jeans. FYI – The Dorothy Perkins Lyla jeans are amazing.
6. If you could live the rest of your life by one quote, what quote would it be?
Sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them.
7. What advice would you give to a newbie blogger?
Write something you’d enjoy reading yourself.
Proofread your work.
Join in the Twitter chats.
Don’t force yourself to just churn out content for the sake of it, it’ll come across in your writing.
- What are the 3 essentials you never leave the house without? My iPhone, my keys and my purse! Boring but I need all of those to get around London.
- Your one & only holy grail beauty product? I would say my Nars foundation, but other than that it’d be the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette as the eyeshadows actually suit my skintone (NC45) and are super blendable.
- If you had to define your style in 3 words, how would you describe it? Basic. Black. Bling.
- Biggest difficulty you came across while blogging so far? Sometimes it’s actually getting across what you’re saying without rambling is my biggest difficulty. So I always overcome this by writing my conclusion first (just like a university essay!)
- What do you like the most about YOU? I like my sense of humour as I can keep myself entertained for ages!
- Your number 1 TV show to binge watch? Sex and the City or Scandal.
- Happiest childhood memory? Having a sleepover with my 10 best friends from primary school, having fun before the days of alcohol and trap music.
- When did you start wearing makeup ? Describe your first look (YES!:) I think I started wearing make-up around 14 or 15 but it was just a little mascara… my first proper make up look was a purple/blue unblended eyeshadow look. Looking back all I can do is CRINGE.
- High heels or sneaks and why? High heels look amazing on but I cannot walk in them unless they’re chunky, so definitely sneaks! I love Nike Air Max Theas at the moment.
- If you could have your dream job right now, what would it be? Hmm… this chops and changes all the time, but right now I’d love to be a travel writer.
- What is your one wardrobe essential, absolute must have? Other than a good pair of jeans, a good pair of black heeled ankle boots are versatile enough for work and play…
What means so much to you and why?
I actually don’t know, but I’d say I personally mean so much to ‘me’. If I didn’t care about myself I would not be pursuing my goals.
What are your travelling goals? When and where do you plan to go?
Travelling goals – Ultimately just go everywhere, explore, take photos for the ‘Gram, learn something new and sample the food.
My plans next are – Milan, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. That’ll be it for 2016!
What are some of the ways you are growing in your business?
I don’t have a business sadly, well not yet. I have some ideas but they’re just ideas under lock and key currently!
What days do you set aside just for you? Days you don’t check no email and no business?
I always try and stick to Sunday as my ‘me’ day but I never switch off when it comes to e-mails. I’d rather deal with it there and then than let it linger for a few hours/days.
If you could give your readers/viewers any advice what would it be? Why?
Follow your intuition.
My questions are:
If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
If money was no object, would you still pursue your chosen career-path?
If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
What habit are you proudest of breaking out of or do you want to break?
What was the last book you read?
Who dead or alive would you invite to a dinner party and why?
Best travel memory?
Favourite app on your phone and why?
Who is a character from TV or film that you have always resonated with?
Most random fact about you?