I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how much I miss the 90s and the very early 2000s. Can you believe the 90s ended 16 years ago? It feels like yesterday I was playing outside with my friends instead of holed up in my room on my Macbook (much like I am right now).
- Juicy Couture tracksuits – Nothing like having the word JUICY emblazoned across your ass to make you feel empowered.
- Spaghetti strapped dresses
- Chokers – I actually hated that this trend had come back but I have since succumb to it 😩.
- Jelly Shoes – These have since come back into fashion and I still think they should only be worn by toddlers but I still kinda want a pair.
- Baby G watches – ‘Nuff said.
- Hoop earrings – The bigger the hoop, the bigger the halo…
- Mean Girls – The highlight of LiLo’s career and a cult movie, I could watch this year after year on October 3rd (1,000 points to you if get the reference) and not get bored.
- Save the Last Dance – I’m probably gonna get moaned at for this but I’m pretty sure that this was my generation’s answer to Dirty Dancing.
- Home Alone 1 & 2 – The true meaning of Christmas is being alone obviously.
- Jurassic Park – I still think the animatronics are still better than some of the CGI around today…
- Kenan and Kel – WHO LOVES ORANGE SODA?
- The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
- The Simpsons – The real golden era was the late 90s, I find it a little too ‘Family Guy’ now.
- The Proud Family
- Are You Afraid of the Dark? – The reason I LOVE horror movies now.
- The Ali G Show – Aiiiiiii…
- Trigger Happy TV – This should was a classic, you’d never get away with making this show now due to the digital age and the prominence of smartphones. Are we overexposed?
- Malcolm in the Middle
Hair and Beauty
- Pencil thin eyebrows – *voms*
- Powder blue eyeshadow – 2016 Char wouldn’t even dream of wearing this unless it’s blended out...
- Crimping – Put your hand up if you remember begging your mum to buy you a crimper or agonisingly plaiting your hair before bed to get those weird waves the next day?
- The ‘Croydon facelift’ – You know, literally scraping your hair back into a ponytail to give you a temporary eye-lift? Thankfully now we can mimic this ‘look’ with contouring...
￼I thought I’d save the best topic until last… wasn’t music so much better in the 90s and the early 2000s?