Who doesn’t love this time of year? Pumpkin Spiced lattes, the feeling of slipping into your Ugg boots, the crunching of the leaves and countdown to the festive season… We begin to relax into the Autumn/Winter season and begin to wave goodbye to another year. 2016 (Even though it’s only October) has shown that anything is possible if you put your mind to it (Hello Brexit and Mr Donald Trump).
What we do perhaps forget this time of year is the importance of checking our car tyres.
I get into plenty of Ubers.
I get on the bus.
I drive my mum’s car every now and then and I’m also that person who calls my friends for a ride.
When you get into a car, you assume everything is okay and the vehicle is to some extent fit for the road. As a travel blogger, it is easy to forget that although it is about the destination, the journey to where you’re going is just as important.
Safety must come first.
As the weather gets colder, the ground becomes more slippery, more accidents happen. These things have a dramatic impact on the performance of a vehicle’s tyres. These are a few ways you can ensure your tyres are winter safe over the next few months:
1) The 20p test… (If you don’t know what this is, ask!).
2) Checking for any irregularities – objects embedded in the tread, cracks etc…
3) Weather tyres for better grip.
4) Always carry a spare (and check that one too).
5) Are they properly inflated? Check before you go on any lengthy journeys especially around Christmas time – no one wants to be missing the EastEnders special.
6) Remove any weight from the vehicle that won’t be needed.
You can find great tyres over at the Point S website… You know you want to take them for a spin.
Please note, the images in this post do not belong to me, they have been sourced from Google for reference purposes only.