I am guilty of taking way too many selfies. My defence is that in a world where there is so much negativity, we should celebrate ourselves. Here are a few of my tips to get you picture perfect…
- Lumee case – This case provides you with instant perfect lighting with it’s front forward LED lights. So goodbye to dodgy nightclub photos and hello ‘I’M HAVING A GREAT TIME IN THE CLUB’. It’s also great for Facetiming or when you’ve lost your keys in your handbag (this happens to me every single day).
- Kitchens have great lighting so if your bedroom lighting isn’t working, pop down to the kitchen, make a snack and have a lil’ photoshoot.
- Selfie stick – How could I not include the best invention of modern times. If you’re a frequent solo traveller like me, this means you don’t have to ask someone to take your photo and risk running off with your camera.
- FaceTune – The concealer only helps my eye bags so much… this baby right here makes me wonder what life would be like if I got a good night’s sleep.
- Snapchat – The beauty filter is EVERYTHING.
- Afterlight/VSCO – Both have great filters and editing tools.
- Instagram – How could I forget the holy grail of Selfie apps? The Aden is great for an all year round glow if you can’t make it on holiday, you’ve run out of fake tan or are just looking a little ashy.
In a world where we are constantly attacked for being too much or not enough of something, I believe selfies should be celebrated. If you’ve got the confidence to share your selfie with the world via Instagram or a potential love interest on a dating app, good on you.