When you think of the word ‘mouse’ a furry little animal with white gloves comes to mind. I’m not talking about Mickey today (although I do love Disney), but more along the lines of the good old computer mouse. I guess we’re all used to tapping away on our touchscreens to even think about them these days.
I was kindly asked to try the Penclic R3 which is described as an ‘ambidextrous wireless mouse’. If you’re not familiar with the term ambidextrous, essentially it means it can be used by both right and left-handed people.
A child of the internet
Being a child of the internet has meant I suffer from the dreaded RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) from time to time. Basically, my hand seizes up and I struggle to write and using a traditional mouse is pretty difficult. It also becomes difficult to use the trackpad on my MacBook. Such is life!
Thankfully, all I needed to do was plug the USB into the side of my laptop and the Penclic R3 was ready to go. I found that I could use the mouse in bed by balancing the mouse on a notebook (Lazy, I know). It fitting my hand perfectly and browsing the internet became a breeze. It’s weird how a simple piece of ergonomically designed technically can have such an impact on your day to day activities.
I particularly found the Penclic R3
useful for creating graphics for my blog. It allowed me to have greater control over what I was doing. Therefore my graphics (which I’m yet to upload) were more tight and streamlined, rather than an unaligned mess. This would be a great product for budding graphic designers, bloggers, or those simply wanting a better ‘mouse’ experience with no squeaks.
The technical jargon:
- The supported platforms for Penclic Mouse are all operating systems that support HID 1.1. These include Windows XP or later, Mac OSX version 10.1 or later and most Linux/BSD flavors. No extra software/driver installation is needed.
- Operates on almost any surface without any pad or tablet.
- Implements a 3-buttons and scroll wheel mouse.
- USB Connection
- AAA 1.2V NiMH Recharging battery (Everyday use last approximately 1 months before charging is needed).
- Charging via USB.
- LR 03/AAA/1.5V Alkaline Non-rechargeable battery can be used. NOTE: DO NOT RECHARGE
- Energy saving mode starts after 10 min, press left click (button 1) to activate.
- Wireless reach, minimum 5 metres.
- Dpi settings 800 – 1200 – 1600.
If you’re after a new mouse, you might wanna try the Penclic R3 or if you’re simply looking for a new bit of kit it’d make a great addition to your PC/laptop experience. You can find more reviews of the product here
and the product is available to purchase here
Please note, this product was sent for my review, but all views are my own