If you know me personally or have scoured through my blog, you’ll know I crave routine and the idea of structure excites me. I love a detailed itinerary, knowing my exact plan for the day and the same goes for my bedtime routine.
Although there have been times where I struggle to get a perfect sleep. It’s usually because I struggle to switch off, I end up sitting up in the dark scrolling through social media for no reason at all. When I do get a good night’s sleep, I wake up feeling refreshed, invigorated and ready for the day. Well, I like to think so when I’m on my third coffee of the day.
I may not be a sleep expert, but here are few tips and tricks I like to employ to get a good night’s sleep.
1) Putting my phone on Night Mode…
4) Hot Chocolate…
6) Blackout blinds are great for blocking out light (duh), but if you need pure darkness to get to sleep, I would recommend these blinds. These can even be done on the cheap with some strong black material.
7) Music e.g soundtrack music, the mellow sounds of Lana Del Rey…
8) Making sure my bed is the comfiest it can be, one of those single electric beds would do the trick.
9) Pillow sprays containing lavender are a great way to help you fall asleep faster. I love the ‘This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray’ but it’s pretty pricey so I’ve been using the Avon dupe which has been just as effective.
I hope this post doesn’t put you to sleep…but if it doesn’t, you can read my bedtime routine here.