Please note, this is a collaborative post with Latest Deals.
I’ve written about saving money on my blog a fair few times. whilst I should really take my own advice and stop spending altogether, it’s hard. I’m tempted by the ‘treat yo self’ mantra which seems to be every day, but now it’s time to take back the reigns and sort out my life… again.
This probably sounds ridiculous, but I want to retire at 40. I AM going to retire at 40; I have to speak it into existence, right?
Can I really be doing the whole London life for another 3,000 years? No. I want to be sailing around the Amalfi Coast with by glucose guardian enjoying life…
- Eating out cheaply by using discount codes, vouchers and not going out during ‘peak’ times.
- Finding free things to do in London or just sitting in coffee shops to do work and people-watching.
- Making use of Eventbrite. Hello free wine and schmoozing.
- Deleting all shopping apps off my phone… or just turning off notifications or looking for discounts if I really need something. The next point should make sense.
- Selling my skills. I’m a writer and I have experience across other fields too, so get in touch to find out more.
- Stop getting distracted by the moment and remember to think long-term. That NYC penthouse isn’t going to buy itself (sadly).
- Buying what I need vs. what I want.
I’m really hoping I look back on this blog post in 15 years time thanking myself for making these small changes. May I say ‘NO’ for the rest of 2018.
You can read more here:
- A Vow to Save
- Bouji on a Budget
- More Saving Tips
- Ballin’ On a Budget
- Why You Should Live Your Best Life, Always
What tips do you have for saving?
Please note, this is a collaborative post with Latest Deals, all views are my own. Gifs are sourced from GIPHY.